Growing Skin Care Routine

6:09 AM


The past few months, I noticed how my skin has improved with the help of a quick 10 minute routine I do every night. I’ve been battling with dry and acne-prone skin for quite some time now but I recently noticed how my skin has changed and how it looks better than before. Today, I’d like to share with you all my quick skin care routine that has helped moisturize and clean my skin. This is not to say though that these are the only products that I use everyday since I continuously test some others that might help exfoliate my face even more (since the weather here in the Manila is crazy). Anyway, these are some of the products that I’ve been using for the past 6 months that I’ve really noticed a lot of good changes in my face: 


Skin Type: Sensitive and Dry
Acne-prone esp. during menstrual cycles 

1. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega- Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion 
After cleansing with Cetaphil wipes or facial wash, this is the ‘toner’ I use. It’s not too thick on the skin and you can see how it really removes excess dirt from your face. Also since my skin is sensitive, it doesn’t have any bad after effects. I highly suggest you apply this with clean hands or with cotton pads. 

2. Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb 
After applying the toner,I use this serum. Remember you can immediately put this product after the toner.  I really love how the product feels on your face. It’s very soft and light to apply. Also, I usually start adding this serum on my t-zone then to the other necessary parts in my face. 

3. Origins Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment 
This is the final product I apply on my face. It has this cooling effect that I leave on my face  overnight. It really makes your skin so soft and smooth. I usually apply this with my clean fingertips. 

4. Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin
I was advised to place this mask at least one to two times a week. Its smooth texture allows you to apply it easily on your face. If you ask me, this product has really helped exfoliate my skin. Once you put it on, you’ll feel this tingling sensation but it'll disappear after a while. It might have this interesting scent at first but it works wonders. 


These four Origins products and the Cetaphil facial wash or wipes are my main skin care products every morning and night. It’s honestly an easy 4 step routine that only takes a couple of minutes of your time daily. You might ask, why most of the products I use are from Origins since it’s kind of pricey? Well because I researched and read a lot of good reviews about it. Also, I  was mainly finding a mask that I could put every night but l ended up with a skin consultation on my first ever visit hence, the products I’m using now. Also, if you ask me Origins as a brand really makes sure that the products recommended  to help improve your skin really work. I remember the consultant messaged me after two weeks to follow up on my skin and I saw gradual improvement that actually really helped —if not remove acne for good but at least prevent it especially during my cycle. Also, price should never be a setback when it comes to taking care of your skin since I’ve had the products already for months and they are working wonders. Also, I still don’t have to restock them. 

Even having this already as a set routine, I was recommended to try other products that could help my dry skin and well also my dark eye bags (which I yet have to focus on). I mean right now I’m using Bobbi Brown’s hydrating eye cream which has sort of helped me but I think i’ll need more than that to combat the puffy bags I got from my genes. My good friend, Arra Abella from Style Reader suggested some products for me to try out and an under eye routine which I yet have to discover. I’m actually pretty excited. Right now I’m using one of her suggested products and that is the Ettusais Peeling Milk from Japan and I am loving it so far. Even if this product is so milky, it really does peel off the excess dry skin that I have. It’s honestly amazing, you guys should really try it out for yourself.

I know taking care of your skin can be expensive and also time-consuming, but honestly you’ll feel great when you see the results. Having a routine may take a lot of effort but it can also work wonders (if you try). Honestly, before I didn’t really care how I cleaned my face. I only trusted water which by the way you need to drink at least 3 big glasses (it actually really helps) . After seeing these changes on my face, I actually wanted to share with you all how good it can be to find the right facial products for you. Just remember you have this skin care routine, not to make you beautiful since you already naturally are. It’s more of to keep your skin moisturized and healthy in the long run. I honestly can tell you that there’s still more to learn about skin care since I’m not any beauty expert but the journey to finding the right products for you can actually be really interesting. Right now, I’m looking for the right products to help me with my under eyes. 

What do you do to take care of your face? Don’t hesitate to share with us your skin care routine below. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments